Team Chobani U.S. Olympic And Paralympic Athletes Announced Leading Into Rio
April 18, 2016 Press
NORWICH, N.Y., April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Chobani, LLC, maker of America’s #1 Greek Yogurt Brand, and proud sponsor of the United States Olympic Committee since 2012, is pleased to announce its latest roster of Team USA athletes for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Chobani has a history of sponsoring athletes directly as part of its commitment to supporting athletes who share the brand’s mission to eliminate “bad stuff” from their lives in exchange for goodness and positive choices.
Through its founding food philosophy of using only natural, non-GMO ingredients and never using artificial preservatives, sweeteners or flavors, Chobani has always believed you can only be great if you’re full of goodness.
Handpicked for their passion of practicing goodness not only in their specific craft, but also in their daily lives, from the way they overcome obstacles, to the food they put in their bodies, Team Chobani is comprised of the following athletes:
- Morgan Brian, soccer – 2016 Olympic hopeful, hoping to compete in the Olympic Games for the first time
- Jordan Burroughs, wrestling – 2016 Men’s Wrestling Olympian, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist, three-time World Champion
- Ashton Eaton, track and field – 2016 Olympic hopeful, 2012 Olympian (1 Gold), two- time decathlon world record holder and considered the “world’s greatest athlete”
- Marlen Esparza, boxing – 2012 Olympian (1 Bronze)
- Allyson Felix, track and field – 2016 Olympic hopeful, 2012, 2008, 2004 Olympian (4 Golds, 2 Silvers)
- Luis Gil, soccer – member of U.S. Men’s National Team
- Allison Jones, Para-cycling – 2016 Paralympic hopeful, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002 Paralympian (2 Golds, 3 Silvers, 3 Bronzes); Allison has been a Team Chobani athlete since 2012
- Alex Morgan, soccer – 2016 Olympic hopeful, 2012 Olympian (1 Gold)
- Melissa Stockwell, paratriathlon – 2016 Paralympic hopeful, 2008 Paralympian
Read More: PR NEWSWIRE